31st GST Council Meeting Updates| Simple GST Returns| Late fees waived off| Easy Refund procedure
Recommendations made during 31 Meeting of the GST Council
1. The new return filing system shall be introduced on a trial basis from 01.04.2019 and on mandatory basis from 01.07.2019.
2. The due date OF FORM GSTR-9, FORM GSTR-9A GSTR-9C shall be Further Extended till 30.06.2019
3. HSN code may be declared only for those inward supplies whose value independently accounts for 10% or more of the total value of inward supplies
4. Additional payments, if any, required to be paid can be done through FORM GST DRC- 03 only in cash;
5. ITC cannot be availed through FORM GSTR-9 &FORM GSTR-9C
6. The due date for furnishing FORM GSTR-8 by e-commerce operators for the months of October, November and December, 2018 shall be extended till 31.01.2019
7. The due date for submitting FORM GST ITC-04 for the period July 2017 to December 2018 shall be extended till 31.03.2019.
8. ITC in relation to invoices issued by the supplier during FY 2017-18 may be availed by the recipient till the due date for furnishing of FORM GSTR-3B for the month of March 2019, subject to specified conditions.
9. All the supporting documents/invoices in relation to a claim for refund in FORM GST
10. RFD-01A shall be uploaded electronically on the common portal at the time of filing of the refund application itself, thereby obviating the need for a taxpayer to physically
11. Visit a tax office for submission of a refund application. GSTN will enable this Functionality on the common portal shortly
12. One more window for completion of migration process is being allowed. The due date for the taxpayers who did not file the complete FORM GST REG-26 but received only a Provisional ID till 31.12.2017 shall be extended till 31.01.2019.
13. Also, the due date for furnishing FORM GSTR-3B and FORM GSTR-1 for the period July, 2017 to February, 2019/quarters July, 2017 to December, 2018 by such taxpayers shall be extended till 31.03.2019.
14. Late fee shall be completely waived for all taxpayers in case FORM GSTR-1, FORM GSTR-3B &FORM GSTR-4 for the months / quarters July, 2017 to September, 2018, are furnished after 22.12.2018 but on or before 31.03.2019.